Please do not use "post comments" to ask for camera help and advice.
Use phone, Skype IM or eMail.

Tuesday 26 August 2008

Back to the hills of dream





Well, that was a long four months and anyone keeping an eye on me will know that the old web site has gone, never to return.


I don't really want to talk about what's been happening since I last blogged other than to say that I'm pretty pissed off with boats, governments, EU legislation, banks and anything else that sucks blood.












Me and the dog Kali are stuck with a boat that's going nowhere soon, licking wounds and contemplating a singular lack of resources. Still, no point in being downhearted, life goes on and all that shit.


Anyway, the hills are getting us back. I've decided to pick up where I left off over two years ago with the Highland Red Suirrel survey and wildlife photography. The boat's a cheap place to live for the moment and hopefully, when the countries economy starts to climb out of recession and people have got over the recent massive hike in fuel prices, I might find someone who's interested in buying it. The time can't come too soon for me. As Jeremiah Johnson said, in the film of the same name, "I've been to a city".


Don't get me wrong, Inverness has it's good points. It's just that I'm not very good with crowds. I like to wake up to forests, mountains, the wind in the trees and birds singing; not all this shit called civilisation with sirens, engines, drunks and idiots fighting and shouting.

It's time to get the f**k out of Dodge.

I'll start posting my normal stuff as soon as I've calmed down a bit. See you later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This web site is about the wildlife, particularly the mammals, of the Glen Affric National Nature Reserve area in the north west Highlands of Scotland, UK; and the equipment I use to search for them, which is chiefly trail cameras.

I provide a technical support and parts service for the Ltl Acorn range of cameras and the income from this provides for the upkeep of this site and the purchase of cameras for my own surveying.

I hope you find the site useful and informative; and please contact me if you have any questions that I haven't already covered.