Please do not use "post comments" to ask for camera help and advice.
Use phone, Skype IM or eMail.

Friday 29 October 2010

On the move


Sorry for the absence. I've had other issues, over and above the difficulties in accessing broadband, during the last two months.

Earlier in the year the old van decided to develop a gearbox problem which, by September had become rather noisy, to the extent that I began to wonder just how long before its inside ended up outside. So having saved up a few pennies I got a replacement second hand gearbox fitted and hoped for the best. 300 miles on and what a difference. Looks like a good one.

On top of that, my laptop which I use for internet access, finally put it's feet in the air for the last time, having had a mug of tea spilt on the keyboard some time ago. This really was a problem because of my limited resources. Happily a friend donated an HP Pavilion fx1000 which I love to death (the friend and the laptop) and I'm back on the wire.

I've been able to do more Squirrel surveying but apart from shots for records I've done very little serious photography; which will probably be the way of it up to the end of the year because I'm moving house during November. I'm only going about a mile down the road but there's more room, it's just on the end of tarmac and I'll be able to get broadband, which will improve things considerably.

Looks like autumns getting seriously close to winter now. The days are getting shorter with a first fall of snow a week back and a few frosty nights. One of them measured -7C and got me hoping this coming winter wont be as severe as the last one.

The trees are well on there way, Oaks being the most colourful and Birch, Hazel and Larch all yellow and falling.

This will be the last entry until end November when I should be up and running with my own internet connection.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This web site is about the wildlife, particularly the mammals, of the Glen Affric National Nature Reserve area in the north west Highlands of Scotland, UK; and the equipment I use to search for them, which is chiefly trail cameras.

I provide a technical support and parts service for the Ltl Acorn range of cameras and the income from this provides for the upkeep of this site and the purchase of cameras for my own surveying.

I hope you find the site useful and informative; and please contact me if you have any questions that I haven't already covered.