Please do not use "post comments" to ask for camera help and advice.
Use phone, Skype IM or eMail.

Thursday 5 May 2011

Twilight Badger

Following last nights dusk appearance of the Badger and Pine Marten, I decided that if the rain held off I'd pay the sett a visit with the proper camera.

It was threatening rain at 2000 but I went anyway and arrived at about 2030. I'd prepared a spot a few days ago under a Norway Spruce about thirty feet from the bait site and left some peanuts, back around midday. If my scent was too fresh they probably wouldn't appear until well after dark.

 I was in luck tonight. The rain stayed away and a slight breeze was blowing gently down the bank towards me so I settled in to wait and promptly fell asleep. (That will give Martin a laugh) Luckily I woke up about fifteen minutes later just in time to witness the arrival of a Badger and although it was getting dark there was still enough light to get a few shots.

I quietly left at 2110 without seeing a Pine Marten and left the Badger to its feast.

For those interested in the technicalities these two images were 1/8th second at F5 and ISO 1600.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This web site is about the wildlife, particularly the mammals, of the Glen Affric National Nature Reserve area in the north west Highlands of Scotland, UK; and the equipment I use to search for them, which is chiefly trail cameras.

I provide a technical support and parts service for the Ltl Acorn range of cameras and the income from this provides for the upkeep of this site and the purchase of cameras for my own surveying.

I hope you find the site useful and informative; and please contact me if you have any questions that I haven't already covered.