Please do not use "post comments" to ask for camera help and advice.
Use phone, Skype IM or eMail.

Friday 8 July 2011

Diversions and "About page" update

I'm sorry for the brief halt in activities but I've just had a major issue with my computer; which resulted in a complete OS re-installation and because of its age I had to hunt for drivers et.c to get the system all working again.

No prizes for guessing who the idiot was that accidentally deleted the recovery partition.

Although I'm perfectly capable of backing up every thing in a situation like this, I also managed to lose all my emails and address book. My dear old Dad had an expression for this type of situation which was "More haste and less speed". It took me years to understand what he meant and I still don't always seem to be able to put it into practice.

Happy to say that all is again working with the advantage of a completely clean slate so no clutter to distract.

I've just done some tidying up of the web site which includes an about page update to make it more relevant and combination with the contact details to allow space for other pages. Please note the new email address and apologies to those of you who used to have an email update from me; because Google managed to clear all the settings with their ongoing updates.

I've now added a follow by email app' in the right hand column so please use this if you prefer to be notified of new entries by email.

I still have some updating and improvements to undertake with the fixed pages which I hope will be completed this next week. I can't believe it's Friday already!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This web site is about the wildlife, particularly the mammals, of the Glen Affric National Nature Reserve area in the north west Highlands of Scotland, UK; and the equipment I use to search for them, which is chiefly trail cameras.

I provide a technical support and parts service for the Ltl Acorn range of cameras and the income from this provides for the upkeep of this site and the purchase of cameras for my own surveying.

I hope you find the site useful and informative; and please contact me if you have any questions that I haven't already covered.