Please do not use "post comments" to ask for camera help and advice.
Use phone, Skype IM or eMail.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Strike one van.

Sorry I've not been active for a couple of weeks. I've had a bad chest, ear, nose and throat infection which put a whole new meaning to getting your cents worth.

On top of that, last Thursday night a Roe Deer helped me total the van which means that I'm going to have to function without transport for at least a couple of months; as I just don't have the cash resources to go out and get an instant replacement.

I managed to avoid the deer but hit a very big wall on the opposite side of the road. It doesn't look that bad in the picture but it wrecked the wheel and tyre and crumpled the chassis, plus there's damage to the body further back. The wall didn't move!

I'm having to re-assess how and what surveying I'll be doing over the winter. Corrimony and Dundreggan
will have to wait until early next year and meanwhile, I'll be working mainly in the forest to the west of Guisachan which is shown below.

As well as Red Squirrels, I'll be looking for Wildcat using low glow infra red cameras on the remote animal trails in the area.

This is an area of well over 600 hectares, much of which is dense plantation and relatively remote; so I expect to be working in there for a long time.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This web site is about the wildlife, particularly the mammals, of the Glen Affric National Nature Reserve area in the north west Highlands of Scotland, UK; and the equipment I use to search for them, which is chiefly trail cameras.

I provide a technical support and parts service for the Ltl Acorn range of cameras and the income from this provides for the upkeep of this site and the purchase of cameras for my own surveying.

I hope you find the site useful and informative; and please contact me if you have any questions that I haven't already covered.