Please do not use "post comments" to ask for camera help and advice.
Use phone, Skype IM or eMail.

Friday 14 October 2011

Acorn 5210a card full problem

I've just noticed in my site stats that someone had used the search term "acorn 5210a card full problem" and thought I'd better respond because I've just resolved this issue during tests on this camera.

I have used several different SDHC cards in the Ltl Acorn 5210A and had no problems until I tried the Kingston ultimateX 100X shown on the left.

The card would not format on the camera and so after formating with the PC I tried it again. The camera wrote nonsense files to the card and undid the formating. During the process I got the "card full" message on the screen but with no images on the card, so I reformated the card on the PC and tried it in the Bushnell and the Hawke ProStalk. It worked absolutely fine on these cameras so I tried it again in the Acorn, still with no success.

I guessed at this stage that there could be a compatibility problem so I got in touch with Kinston and received this reply:

We regret to inform you that we do not support the Acorn 5210A and therefore we are unable to recommend a SDHC card.

We sincerely apologise that we have been unable to assist you on this occasion. However, should you have further queries do not hesitate to contact us.
So the bottom line is don't buy Kingston cards to work in Ltl Acorn 5210 trail cameras. All the Sandisk and Lexar cards I've tried in the Acorn work OK but I haven't tested every available card.

I do have a Kingston SD 2G card which works in the Acorn so probably it's just their HC cards.

One SDHC card that does work in the Acorn is the Lexar 8GB SDHC 100X.

If anyone has other experiences like this, I would very much like to hear from them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This web site is about the wildlife, particularly the mammals, of the Glen Affric National Nature Reserve area in the north west Highlands of Scotland, UK; and the equipment I use to search for them, which is chiefly trail cameras.

I provide a technical support and parts service for the Ltl Acorn range of cameras and the income from this provides for the upkeep of this site and the purchase of cameras for my own surveying.

I hope you find the site useful and informative; and please contact me if you have any questions that I haven't already covered.