Please do not use "post comments" to ask for camera help and advice.
Use phone, Skype IM or eMail.

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Battery Performance in Trail Cameras

Sorry I've been a bit quiet recently but I've been busy behind the scenes, so to speak.

I've just completed an extensive test to determine how different battery types perform in and affect the performance of the IR Remote Cameras that I've been reviewing. This is in response to various questions and comments I've received about issues such as the shortening of video length and battery longevity in trail cameras.

The chart below is a summary of my analysis but please note that operational conditions and individual camera performances vary considerably; and this is intended as a guide only.

Click on this chart to open to full size or copy to your computer. You are free to use this on a web page
or other media but please clearly acknowledge its source and author.

Battery Data Sheets:

Duracell 2450 mAh       Vapex 2900 mAh      Energizer Lithium     Energizer Industrial Alkaline
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This web site is about the wildlife, particularly the mammals, of the Glen Affric National Nature Reserve area in the north west Highlands of Scotland, UK; and the equipment I use to search for them, which is chiefly trail cameras.

I provide a technical support and parts service for the Ltl Acorn range of cameras and the income from this provides for the upkeep of this site and the purchase of cameras for my own surveying.

I hope you find the site useful and informative; and please contact me if you have any questions that I haven't already covered.